Location: Brockwell park then onto Richmond park
Coached: Lucy (Head Coach)
** please note this session will only go ahead if enough people have signed up and the weather is ok, so please check on the event on the day for any updates**
• Coached session in Richmond Park - Ideal for those new to cycling, nervous of joining club rides or worried about the bike course at forthcoming races
• Either meet at 18:15 outside Brockwell Hall (big house in the middle of Brockwell Park, meet by the front entrance, on the side facing the tennis courts, not the side with tables) OR approx. 19:00 at Roehampton Gate car park at Richmond Park. If you’re meeting at Roehampton Gate car park please DM Lucy Hurn in advance with your contact number.
• We’ll begin with a basic bike check and quick introduction to group riding in Brockwell Park, then an uncoached ride to Richmond Park*
• Then we’ll do an approx. 60 min session on the inner tracks of Richmond Park covering bike handling skills, cornering, descending and ascending. If you prefer you can finish early and do uncoached laps of Richmond Park, or for those who prefer we'll continue on skills. Followed by an uncoached ride back to Brixton.
• Aimed at beginners (you must already be able to ride a bike) but anyone is welcome to attend. Ideal if you want to brush up on your bike skills ahead of Sussex Triathlon.
• Please come dressed appropriately for whatever August throws at us that day,some of the skills work will involve moving slowly so make sure you don’t get too cold! But dont bring a bag, you'll be cycling! It will be getting dark by the time we finish so make sure you have working lights. As with all rides a helmet is compulsory. And please make sure your bike is in basic working order.
• If anyone wants to join us for the ride out, you’d be very welcome.
(*uncoached means, as with all group rides, the club and ride leader bears no responsibility)