Hi all,

We were just chatting at the Saturday Lido swim about runs for beginners, or people who don't feel all that speedy yet. It'd be good to get a little group of people together for morning or evening mini runs to spur each other on. Nothing too strenuous; I just want to build up a bit of stamina and put my lovely new trainers to good use.

Drop me a private note if you're up for that.

Nicola x

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea Nicola! Also can I convince you to come to track!? It's a great place to run with people and build up confidence, it's not just for the fast runners, we've got pace groups for everyone! Plus it's fun, honest!! Message me if you've got any questions or concerns! Sam

Cool, thanks Sam. I've thought about it for a while, but wanted to try and get a bit more stamina beforehand! I'll give it a go in a few weeks after some more of the gentle runs. x



Sam Blackburn said:

Great idea Nicola! Also can I convince you to come to track!? It's a great place to run with people and build up confidence, it's not just for the fast runners, we've got pace groups for everyone! Plus it's fun, honest!! Message me if you've got any questions or concerns! Sam
Hi Nicola, what days do you have in mind?
Hi Angel,

I could do Wednesday or Thursday evenings or even Sunday evening. Brockwell Park would be ideal. Would you be up for that?

Guys, I do Brockwell Parkrun with my kids every 2nd week, we run around 28:00 - 30:00 depending on how we're feeling.

next time we'll be there is the 7th October. it'd be lovely to have some Windrush Seniors company to go with the Juniors too for those wanting a more relaxed run.

I promise not to make you join in the times tables drills used to distract my daughter when she gets a stitch!

A little reminder. anyone fancying a no-pressure jog round ParkRun, my kids and I will be at Brockwell this Saturday in our Windrush gear.

We run around 28:00 for the 5k but my daughter's always happy to go slower!

As run captain I think you should encourage the correct use of the parkrun name. It never has any capitals :-)



Lloyd Collier said:

A little reminder. anyone fancying a no-pressure jog round ParkRun, my kids and I will be at Brockwell this Saturday in our Windrush gear.

We run around 28:00 for the 5k but my daughter's always happy to go slower!

Well to be honest Laura I was too scared to correct the spelling from our website after certain people's questions about change at the AGM... :)

Hmmm.. I was just wondering if run captain should have the use of capital letters as it maybe the subject of your sentence ,as well as under the rule of names & titles under Capitalisation within English grammar. :-) 

Laura A said:

As run captain I think you should encourage the correct use of the parkrun name. It never has any capitals :-)



Lloyd Collier said:

A little reminder. anyone fancying a no-pressure jog round ParkRun, my kids and I will be at Brockwell this Saturday in our Windrush gear.

We run around 28:00 for the 5k but my daughter's always happy to go slower!

Most significant is NOT STEALING THE BLOODY FINISH TOKENS

It takes bloody ages sorting out the results when people do that :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by paul.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service