... grim alright.

We got pulled out during the swim because of thunder and lightning and then the really heavy rain on the bike didn't stop and for good measure... my chain snapped on the third lap! Blimey... glad to be home in the warm ;)  

Good luck to those taking part tomorrow, hope the weather holds out.  

 

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh dear! I actually thought it was kinda fun.... under the circumstances!
Sorry to hear about your mechanical problem Jake. Hope you're ok

it seemed a couple of waves got pulled out the water for lightning! 

Rain on the bike made it somewhat more epic i thought, although not ideal conditions for my first tri! 

Made it through the swim before the lightening - thank goodness - as it was my first Tri!
Hi Jake and everyone doing it yesterday. Today morning the conditions were pretty much excellent for racing which is not what you want to hear. The Westminster bike route is so worth it - speeding through empty closed off London roads.

I know what you mean Frank, kinda get into the spirit of things etc, when my chain broke though I was like, def sod this ;) 

Looked ideal today, I'll remember the route thing for next time Urszula. 

Glad you had a better day for it!!!



Urszula Donigiewicz said:
Hi Jake and everyone doing it yesterday. Today morning the conditions were pretty much excellent for racing which is not what you want to hear. The Westminster bike route is so worth it - speeding through empty closed off London roads.

Sunday sprint was okay, windy and a strong current, but we were VERY lucky with the weather.  Thought of all of you on Saturday.  Bike was a delight, and run as okay as a run post bike can be...slow start (for us more mature triathletes!) and then faster.  Gorgeous going through closed road and speeding through red light!  Lovely, supportive atmosphere and I raised @£3k for Macmillan in memory of my sister.

Well done Shelley, sounds like you had a good race and that is a very respectable sum to raise in sponsorship in memory of your sister.

Thank you Charles.  Yeah, every time I swear I'll never do another...woke at 5am energised and planning the next....oh dear...

Wow!! £3000 is AMAZING!! I knew you would get sucked in Shelly :-)

Shelley Silas said:

Thank you Charles.  Yeah, every time I swear I'll never do another...woke at 5am energised and planning the next....oh dear...

Hah!  Yes well...I MUST GET FASTER SO I CAN HAVE A BEER SOONER!!!!  

Laura A said:

Wow!! £3000 is AMAZING!! I knew you would get sucked in Shelly :-)

Shelley Silas said:

Thank you Charles.  Yeah, every time I swear I'll never do another...woke at 5am energised and planning the next....oh dear...

Sunday was my first ever standard distance tri and I really loved it! Cycling through London with the roads closed was such a treat and I performed so much better than the targets I set myself thanks to all the swim coaches sessions with windrush. Now working out what comes next... I feel an addition problem coming on.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by paul.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service