We welcome all abilities at our club from ages 8+ and our sessions provide challenging training for all levels. The club organises a number of coached (and some un-coached) sessions throughout the week - please see below for the current schedule.
All sessions include a mix of technique, endurance and higher intensity work, the balance of each will depend on the season (e.g. more technique and endurance work over the base season in the winter). We also hold weekend workshops, such as swim video analysis, bike maintenance and nutrition workshops, these will be posted as events throughout the year.
If you are a member you can take a look at the swim, cycling and running training extras.
Windrush Summer timetable 2017
Adult Summer 2017 Training Schedule
The following sessions will run from April / May 2017 (see exact dates below). For more details on each session and to sign up each week, click on the relevant event on the list on the right.
Some sessions get very popular in the summer so make sure you sign up (and follow the session cancellation policy) to be guaranteed a place.
- 7- 8pm: Endurance Swim at Brockwell Lido from Mon 8 May (The Monday session will include some technique work but will mostly focus on building endurance, Tuesday and Thursday swim sessions are more technique based). Coach: Anna L/Lucy
- 8.30 - 9.30pm: Pilates at Brockwell Lido (Not on bank holidays) Coach: Zec
- 7 - 8am: Technique swim session at Clapham Manor pool (technique focussed from May). Coach: Deborah/Becky
- EVERY OTHER WEEK 8-9pm, starting 4th April: Coach- led session at Herne Hill Velodrome, shared with Crystal Palace Tri. Watch out on the website for details of Intro to Velodrome and bike skills sessions. Coach: Becky
- There is also an uncoached public road bike session run by Crystal Palace Tri from 6-8pm every week. This is not a Windrush club event but you are welcome to attend, you will need to pay CPT to take part and sign in (and pay again to the Windrush coach if you stay on for the coached session). Please be respectful of CPT and don’t come onto the track early for the coached session unless you’ve paid to be there.
- EVERY OTHER WEEK Non velodrome weeks 7.30pm, starting 11th April: We are trialling an uncoached social run. Meet by the Lido for a social run (NB don’t bring bags unless you’re happy to carry them, there is nowhere to leave them). See event posting for more details. Uncoached.
- 7.30 pm – 9: Spin at Brockwell Lido Gym. Once the light is good enough (May) we will add a brick session i.e. an optional run session in Brockwell Park. Watch the events sign up for details. Coach: Becky/Sam/Lucy
- 7-8pm: Track running at Tooting Athletics Track. The session is for all running abilities. The focus of these sessions will be on building base endurance, speed and improving running technique. Coach: Rich/Sam
- 7- 8pm: Technique Swim at Brockwell Lido from Thurs 4 May (no session 13 or 27 July when there are film screenings) (The Thursday session is technique based with plenty of individual pointers to help you improve your stroke, the Monday Lido session is more endurance based). Coach: Emily/Audrey
- Sessions get posted each week (on Sunday, for the Monday until the following Sunday)
- To attend a session you need to RSVP to the session and be a fully paid member
(for new or existing members - just sign up to the site for free to do this)
- If you are new you can try one session for free before signing up as a member
(you can choose any session as your trial but you must register online and RSVP).
- § Please ensure you are on time to sessions, otherwise the coach will have the right to ask you not to join the session.
- Sessions are a pay as you go, you pay the coach (NOT the venue) at the beginning of the session (except for track where you also need to pay the venue on entry). You will also need to give ‘In Case of Emergency’ contact details and declare any relevant medical issues.
- We are an inclusive club which aims to ensure that our club, training sessions and annual Aquathon are accessible for all and we welcome athletes of all levels and abilities. If you would like to take part in our training sessions but have a physical limitation or other issue that would need to be taken into account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- The only requirement for taking part in sessions is for the swim sessions you must be able to swim 200m unassisted, and you must already be able to ride a bike for any bike sessions.
- Junior sessions are paid for in blocks - more information can be found here
- Uncoached/member led sessions mean that you take part at your own risk, the club bears no responsibility for the events.